Airfix 1/72 scale de Havilland DH.82a Tiger Moth
May 7, 2014
During World War II, the ubiquitous de Havilland Tiger Moth was to Royal Air Force pilots what the Stearman PT-17 was to American airmen — almost all fledgling pilots flew it during their initial training.
Airfix has released a little gem of a plastic model kit with its 1/72 scale Tiger Moth. Molded in Airfix’s standard blue-gray plastic, the kit’s 42 parts are in scale and, therefore, very delicate. The only marking option is for an elementary trainer circa 1940.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online