Weathering tips for Mk.XII Spitfire
In the September 2011 FSM, Aaron Skinner shows how to paint hard-edged schemes on RAF aircraft using paper masks. Here's how he weathered the Spitfire in that story.
July 22, 2011
|One of the aircraft featured in the decals of Airfix's 1/48 scale Spitfire Mk.XII kit is MB882 (fuselage code EBB). One of the great things about this aircraft is that there are several wartime photos of it, so it's easy to gauge the wear and tear it suffered. The images show a used but well-maintained airframe. There's worn paint at the wing root, some exhaust staining, and a couple of other chips and scratches. Here's what I did after applying Pledge Future floor polish, followed by decals and a sealing coat of Future.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online