Special Hobby 1/72 scale CH-37C "Deuce"
February 5, 2009
|The Sikorsky CH-37 was the first heavy-lift helicopter in U.S. military service. The CH-37C (earlier designated HR2S-1) was known as the "Deuce" in the U.S. Marine Corps. Before jet engines were adapted to helicopters, the solution for providing more power was more engines - in this case, two R-2800 radials housed in separate "power eggs" suspended outside the craft's fuselage. Driveshafts from each led to a central transmission housing that drove the huge (for its time) five-bladed main rotor. |
You must be a subscriber to read the complete review. Subscribe today and receive instant access to our model-kit review archive!
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online