Tamiya 1/35 scale Matilda British infantry tank
Subscriber-only early access review
September 1, 2009
|Tamiya has completely retooled its Matilda tank kit: new track-pattern mold; glueable one-piece tracks and link-and-length tracks; positional hatches; three crewmen; and three different 2-pounder barrels, one tapered, one stepped, and one a 3" howitzer. Markings are provided for three Matildas: two North African campaign tanks in three-color camouflage (one from the 42nd Royal Tank Regiment, 1st Army Tank Brigade, the other from the 32nd Army Tank Brigade); and an England-based tank from the 49th Royal Tank Regiment, 35th Army Tank Brigade. Besides the instruction booklet, a color two-page walkaround is provided.|
You must be a subscriber to read the complete review. Subscribe today and receive instant access to our model-kit review archive!
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online