Frrom-Azur 1/72 scale Savoia Marchetti S.M.79 JIS/JRS B
Built for the Romanian air force, the JIS and JRS aircraft are twin-engine versions of Italy's famous trimotor S.M.79 bomber and transport.
November 24, 2009
|An interesting variation of Italy's Savoia-Marchetti S.M.79 was the version produced for the Romanian Air Force. Given two German Jumo 211 engines (instead of the original three radials) and a "greenhouse" nose section, the medium bomber became a different-looking aircraft. Though fewer than 100 were produced, it served the Romanian air force before and after capitulation until the end of World War II.|
You must be a subscriber to read the complete review. Subscribe today and receive instant access to our archive of over 1,000 model-kit reviews!
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online