Revell Germany 1/700 scale Container Ship Colombo Express
Models of modern cargo ships are few and far between, which makes Revell Germany's Colombo Express especially welcome. And it's a fun build, too!
November 24, 2009
|Merchant ships are an oft-neglected segment of the maritme modeling world, but Revell Germany has chosen to fly the flag with a 1/700 scale model of one of the world's largest container ships. At 1,100 feet long, Hapag-Lloyd's Colombo Express-class vessels are longer than the USS Nimitz. With 103,800 deadwight tonnage, the ships have room for 8,749 20-foot containers, The instructions helpfully point out that that many conatiners laid end-to-end would stretch almost 33 miles.|
You must be a subscriber to read the complete review. Subscribe today and receive instant access to our archive of over 1,000 model-kit reviews!
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online