Pacific Coast Models 1/32 scale Hurricane Mk.I
Early versions of Hawker’s iconic Hurricane featured fabric-covered wings and heavy, two-bladed wooden propellers.
May 6, 2010
|Thanks to Pacific Coast Models, we now have a newly tooled, fabric-winged early Hurricane Mk.I in the increasingly popular 1/32 scale, with options for building any rag-wing version by making the lower fuselage fairing a separate piece, along with all three propeller possibilities. Two exhaust options also are featured among the 19 resin pieces. The 28 photoetched-metal parts include a prepainted instrument panel. Two different windscreens are provided, although a molding flaw is present in the middle of the armored glass option. (PCM is aware of the defect and has been very forthright in addressing the issue – details of how to obtain a newly-molded replacement are listed on its website.)|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online