Special Hobby 1/48 scale He 178V-2
Heinkel’s He 178 became the first jet-powered aircraft when it took to the air August 27, 1939. The second prototype with a different wing is replicated in Special Hobby’s kit.
July 12, 2010
Short-run kits provide unusual subjects that probably wouldn’t show up in mass production. They also have a reputation for being difficult to build. Special Hobby’s Heinkel He 178V-2 delivers on both counts, providing a historically significant subject but challenging your modeling skills.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online