Platz 1/144 scale Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat
Build two, they’re small! Platz delivers a pair of pint-sized but well-detailed Hellcats in this kit. The models include cockpit, wheel well, and engine detail that rivals some larger-scale Grummans.
September 8, 2010
|Continuing its line of famous World War II aircraft, Platz presents the F6F-5 Hellcat. Again, there are two kits in the box, which also contains four sets of markings. The quality of molding is typically outstanding, with delicately detailed main and tail wheels, very nice R-2800 engines, and sufficient interior detail. The wheel wells have as much molded detail as a standard 1/72 kit. About the only flaw immediately apparent is the ejection-pin mark in the middle of the seat – luckily, not really noticeable once encased under the canopy.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online