Cyber-hobby 1/700 scale USS Long Beach CGN-9
This beautiful model kit scales out perfectly and needs only a full set of railings to be truly complete.
May 2, 2011
|The USS Long Beach was an unusual first/last ship. Commissioned in 1961, she was the first nuclear-powered cruiser and the last built with a true cruiser hull. The only ship of her class, she was originally designed as an “all-missile” cruiser. But two 5"/.38-caliber gun mounts were added amidships by order of President John F. Kennedy.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online