Skunk Models Workshop 1/48 scale RQ-4B Global Hawk
The Global Hawk took me 11 hours to build, and was probably the simplest model kit I’ve built since I was 15.
May 3, 2011
|The RQ-4B Global Hawk’s main missions are high-altitude reconnaissance and targeting of enemy positions. The unmanned aircraft can stay on station for hours at a time, providing all-weather, day/night, wide-area surveillance. Once mission parameters are programmed into it, it can autonomously taxi, take off, fly, navigate, return, and land. Ground-based operators monitor status and can change the flight as necessary .With its spindly, 131' wingspan, it resembles the U-2 it eventually will replace.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online