Airfix 1/48 scale de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2
Airfix packs this model kit with options, including posable control surfaces, including the flaps, folded wings, and canopies open or closed.
July 6, 2011
|Some years ago, I saw some video of operations onboard a British aircraft carrier that showed Wessex helicopters, F-4 Phantoms, and de Havilland Sea Vixens taking off and landing. The thing that really struck me was how the Sea Vixen made the Phantom look almost dainty and nimble — two words that really should not appear in a sentence with an F-4! The Sea Vixen just looked so incredibly brutish and unorthodox in a carrier role — behemoth would not be too strong an adjective! It was the final and largest of de Havilland’s twin-boom jets, the others being the Venom and Vampire.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online