Zvezda 1/144 scale Tu-134
December 3, 2012
Being a big fan of Russian airliners, I was really excited to hear Zvezda was releasing a newly tooled 1/144 scale Tu 134 plastic model kit.
The gray styrene molding includes a sturdy display stand. Surface detail is outstanding, with finely engraved panel lines that are among the best I have ever seen. Unlike some of Zvezda’s earlier airliner releases, there’s a little more engraving depth to the aileron hinges for a very convincing effect. The kit can be built in one of two versions, the glazed-nose Tu 134a or the solid-nose Tu 134B. The Aeroflot decals are crisply printed and in register.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online