Kitty Hawk 1/48 scale F-35B Lightning II
January 7, 2013
This 1/48 scale F-35B, only the second kit from a new model company, Kitty Hawk, is a welcome release. Opening the box reveals 208 pieces, all of which (except the six clear parts) are molded in a dark gray, oily, soft yet brittle plastic that likes to tear as you remove it from the sprue. Surface detail includes both engraved and raised panel lines. The LO (Low Observable) radar-absorbent material panels are well depicted. Doors for the undercarriage and jet/fan inlet/exhaust are molded to be open; some modification would be required to model them closed.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online