Meng 1/35 scale A39 Tortoise
January 7, 2013
When you open the box to the Meng 1/35 scale Tortoise A39 plastic model kit, you realize how big this beast is. Amazingly, through the magic of slide molding, the fighting compartment is molded as one piece with excellent cast texture on all sides. Only the rear plates are separate moldings. The kit features individual-link tracks molded in an earthen brown plastic. The rest of the parts are molded in olive green. A small instruction booklet features clear line-drawing assembly directions and a full-color painting guide. There are no decals or figures included.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,200 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 12,700 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online