AFV Club 1/35 s ale M109A2
July 1, 2013
The M109 series of vehicles has been in American service since the Vietnam War and has soldiered on for the U.S. while being exported worldwide. In the 1970s, a new design was developed as the A2 variant.
AFV Club’s multimedia 1/35 scale kit includes photoetched metal, a turned-metal barrel, brass tube, vinyl parts, and a nylon string, as well as plastic parts molded in olive green and clear plastic. There is some flash on a few of the smaller parts. The hatches are molded separately with detail on the inside, but the only interior detail is the gun breech. There are four marking choices: two for U.S. service, an Egyptian vehicle, and a Portuguese.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online