Trumpeter 1/200 scale "Bismarck"
August 9, 2013
The biggest battleship Germany ever built, Bismarck struck fear into the Allied powers of World War II even before it sailed for the Atlantic’s shipping lanes. Ironically, outdated British Swordfish torpedo bombers spelled the beginning of the end for the pride of the Kriegsmarine — but the debate of whether the Bismarck was ultimately sunk or scuttled continues to this day.
Trumpeter’s 1/200 scale plastic model is as much an enigma as the ship itself. This hybrid of high technology and 1960s box-scale kits induces a craving for aftermarket add-ons that would take it to the high quality the subject deserves. What’s in the massive 52" x 17" x 5" box creates an impressive model — and it could be much more.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online