Xuntong 1/48 scale Tupolev Tu-2S
December 9, 2013
Newcomer Xuntong Model’s first plastic model kit is a different one: The Soviet 1/48 scale Tupolev Tu-2 medium bomber is an interesting choice for a maiden voyage, to say the least.
Inside the box are nearly 400 gray styrene parts. Initially, I thought the molds looked OK. But after taking a closer look, I noticed that the panel lines were inconsistent. I also noticed quite a bit of mold-release agent on many of the parts. So, make sure to wash your parts before starting the build.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to FineScale Modeler magazine subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber to FineScale Modeler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an
account you will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 10 issues of FineScale Modeler magazine PLUS these great online benefits:
- Search more than 1,300 model kit reviews
- Receive early access to the latest model kit reviews
- Search more than 13,000 product listings in our Modeling Products Directory (updated weekly)
- View our database of helpful modeling tips
- View bonus model kit photos not published in the magazine
- Access how-to stories and online exclusives
- Post comments in the forum
- Watch videos
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online